Wednesday, June 27, 2012

31 Days of Love Marriage Challenge

I woke up to the smell of onion. Not just a hint of onion but loud overpowering onion. Yes, I cooked with an onion last night but WOW, this was very strong! It took me about 2 seconds to realize that I didn't do the dishes last night before I went to bed. I think these things grow overnight! Things were not looking good this morning.

I also woke up to my hubby gone early to work. We spend our mornings with coffee and devotions and giggly time together. Nope, he was gone. UGH--He definitely had to leave early.

I had a decision to make. I could pout and throw a little hissy fit to myself or I could get over myself and start my day with God's Word by myself. I chose the latter and of course, it turned out to be a blessing. I went straight to my blog looking for a Bible Study from some of the blogs I love to read. I went to the Time-Warp Wife that my buddy Holly McGinnis told me about. She had a "31 Days of Love" Marriage Challenge on her site and I felt led to check it out.

I love challenges like this but I'm funny about Day 1 starting on the first day of the month. It just makes sense and I can keep up with it a little bit better. Not today, I'm too impatient for that. I started it today on June 26th and it fantastic!!!! Just gonna have to keep up with it with the days not matching up. Got me right into the word with coffee by myself this morning. I should be alone. It's a Marriage Challenge! I need to be alone to do this so I can giggle, pray, plan, and think about my husband.

Isn't God amazing!! He knows exactly what we need when we need it. Click here to check out the challenge yourself. I encourage you to put time and energy into your marriage. It's so important and should be handled with care. I'm so crazy about this man of mine and want to nurture our marriage because it's one of the most important things we have. Isn't he so cute!!








1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful how exactly what you need to see/hear/read appears at the exact time you need it! God is good!

    ReplyDelete