Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ain't skeered of no snake!

I hate snakes. No, I hate snakes more than that. 
I hate hate hate snakes. 
Twice lately, I have been WAY too close to the EVIL reptile!

In April, Mabrey, Ensley, Marisa and I went to Pensacola for a Premier training and went to the beach one evening. When we pulled up, this dude was pulling a HUGE white snake out of the water by its tail!!!! You have to look very very closely at this picture to see because the snake just blends right in!!!

Come to find out, it wasn't a monster from the sea like I originally thought, it was his very own pet snake.  This is Marisa and Ensley standing next to the snake.  Yep, they've lost their minds too!  The snake is to their right and is an albino boa constrictor.  
JUST SOUNDS CREEPY!!  
No, I never really relaxed on the beach that day, 
not with that white giant creepy crawly there!


Last week, we had another snake experience that really tore me up!!  My buddy and neighbor Amber came over for a visit.  A couple of minutes after she left, she called and said that there was a huge snake in her yard, 
RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO US!!!!
We ran out there (cause that is what you do----run TO a snake) to check it out.  It wasn't dead!  It was alive!!! It had been hit by a car but very much was still alive!  My crazy but awesome sister ran out and hit it over the head with a wrench!  A WRENCH---NOT A HOE BUT A WRENCH on the head!!!  Do you have any idea how close your hand comes to a snake's mouth if you hit it with a wrench on the head?



I nearly fell over when she picked it up to show it to us!!!  It was huge!!!!!  In this picture above, it had been dead for about 5-10 seconds!! That's not long enough for me at all!!!


This is her son Grant who is also my snake hero!  They both must have lost their minds somewhere but I'm really proud of them. They sure ain't skeered of no snake!  

I DREAMED OF SNAKES THAT NIGHT!  
I'd like to be not scared but I just don't think that's normal!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment