Friday, February 22, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Serenade

Well, it's been quite the week. I've had some crazy cravings lately of fingernail polish remover, Kaboom shower cleaner, and even diesel fuel. I know.....weird. It was definitely time for a little looksy from the doc. After 3 units of blood, a bag of iron, and a good shot of b-12, I feel so much better. I only had to stay one night in the local hospital. Good thing, because I'm not really the star patient. Last time we did this, I had 8 blowouts on my IV. 8!!!!!! So......this time I was a little bossy. I told my nurse (who looked so much like Flo from Mel's Diner) that she had one chance to get the IV in and correct. If not, we'd have to call someone to start numbing. Gotta do what I gotta do. I think I really embarrassed Scott. I couldn't help it. I become a bit of a Commander between those walls. She got it and it ended up being a great stay.


On to happier better things to talk about......So, yesterday, I mentioned that we were going on a Homeschool field trip to the Birmingham Children's Theatre to see Young Abe Lincoln. Let me just say that it was fantastic!!!! There were five different actors playing many different characters. So fascinating. I don't see how they kept up with everything. I wanted to give a standing ovation at the end but peer pressure kept me sitting down politely clapping. Oh well.


Ensley and Jackson Gables playing her iPod before the play.

Jaden Gables and Anna Grace Silvey ready for the play to start.


Mabrey and Faith Gables. They've been friends since birth, well...since Mabrey's birth;)


Afterward, we went to Johnny Rockets to treat ourselves to some 50s style yummy goodness. We'll have to take some extra time at the gym to work it off but it was so delish!



After a day in Birmingham, ballet practice, and taking Mabrey to the gym, we came home to the coolest surprise!!! Check it out!


Wasn't that precious? This is the Southern family. They are such sweet friends and we love them so much.


The picture they were holding is so great! It's recycled from their boys' room. That's my favorite kind of gift and it says "You Are My Sunshine"!!! I love it!! It's tea-stained with a beautiful black frame. I can't wait to put it in our new farmhouse. I think it'll be perfect.

Not only did they bring a picture, they brought SUPPER!!!! What a huge blessing. I told them we couldn't accept it unless they stayed and ate with us. They did and we had a fantabulous time!!


I cook some mean green beans but these were better than mine. (Insert mouth watering here)


Scott, Ensley, and their little Alexander. He is such a delight!


Roxane Walker from church brought a chocolate pie from church. It was wonderful. I can't get over all these cool blessings!!


Afterward, we had a little time for Just Dance. It was a blast! Go Brad! Go Brad!!


I just LOVE Random Acts of Kindness and it was so much fun to be a recipient of so many this week. I felt a tremendous amount of love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment