Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ice storm, Abe Lincoln, and sweet friends!!

Today started very early. The alarm clock went off at 4:00 am for Scott to get up. If he's up, I like to be up. Well, not necessarily up but definitely awake. He left today for about a week to Arkansas to help restore power for their ice storm. I'm a little sad. I like it when he's here because he's my best friend. I do think its cool that he may be near the Duggars' home. I asked him to please take a picture of their home if he's anywhere near the vicinity of Tontitown. We'll see. He doesn't get as excited about them as I do;)

Last night was really nice. After we found out that he would be leaving, he asked his three girls on a date. We were so excited. I don't think we've been out to eat in a month together. I had Chicken and Dumplings cooked but it was no problem at all to turn off the eye and put those in the fridge. Off we went to Logan's. It was delish! Our waitress was so awesome too! Ensley talked so much that when we were all finished eating (and had been for some time) she was just beginning. I know she's quite the talker but for some reason yesterday she was really cranked up. We had a gift card from the Ballew family. It was such a treat and we are so thankful.

Today, we are off to see Young Abe Lincoln at the Birmingham Children's Theatre. We love these days. All the homeschool group is going: Silveys, Gables, and the Morrisons. I really enjoy everyone's company and so do the girls.

Afterward, we have planned to eat Chick-Fil-A with everyone. It definitely will be a wonderful day!!

Tonight, I'm really thankful to have the Southern family come over for dinner. They called and wanted to bring dinner. How sweet is that?? I told them only if they'd stay and eat it with me. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment