Friday, December 14, 2012

My new place to shop that makes me happy!

I have never been a shopper. Most women love to shop but I seriously don't. I'm in the retail business so I think I'm supposed to like to shop but I don't. Especially for groceries. One of my favorite things about having our summer garden is that I won't have to go to the grocery store much.



Until, I discovered a gorgeous place called



Oh my goodness gracious!!!!! I LOVE me some Aldi!!!

We now have an Aldi in town. Well, we have for awhile but I have just started visiting in the past few months. It is fantastic. I look forward to going to this store every month. Their prices are so low, you can buy double!! My favorite part is the milk-- super cheap and the fruit. Ok, I love the cream cheese and the crescent rolls for $.99 too!

It's fun to grab my little quarter and get a buggy (we call them buggies here in Alabama). I time myself on how long it takes to get my whole shopping done. I can be in and out in less than 30 minutes with ALL of my freezer shopping club groceries and family groceries. Crazy!!!! So cute, so small!! I feel like I'm cruising through a little market.

Just a couple of tips for you though that want to try out my new shopping paradise--

1. You need cash or a debit card! (left an entire buggy our first time and had to run to the bank). This place is serious business about saving money and they do NOT take a check or credit card.

2. Bring your own bags. They don't waste money on bags to bag your groceries. I used to try to wing it but after a man giggled at me for opening my door and 10 cans rolling across the parking lot and I nearly got hit by a car chasing after them, I started bringing my own little bags to bag everything in. I got these little beauties at Hobby Lobby. Just unzip and you've got a big ole bag! I think they are cute zipped up and I leave them in my purse;). Anytime I need a bag-- POOF!! I have one!

3. Ok, there is this unspoken rule that is called one-way traffic at Aldi. It flows a certain way and is like swimming upstream to go against it. Get what you need when you are on that aisle. This is serious! You may or may not be able to turn around and find your treasure. Just go slow and find it when you hit the aisle.

4. Last thing, when you hit the check out lane, be ready to throw those babies up on the conveyor belt because that woman is quick with her scanning and doesn't want to wait on you at all. Get the whole family involved. She's probably quicker than you and your whole family so huddle up and try to beat her to it. It's kind of like a game.

Even my girls like Aldi! It's fun and when you think your bill will be $150 plus, you probably will only spend $70. How about that?

Oh, take that buggy back and you could to keep your quarter! Yeehaw!!



No comments:

Post a Comment