Friday, December 14, 2012

Trying so hard to be a good Keeper at Home.

So I've been reading this book, as you already know if you read my FB, called Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl. It's totally kicking my b-u-t-t! But I have been trying out lots that I'm learning. Debi says that when our hubbies come home from work, we should pay very close attention to him and have a clean, happy, supper on the table type of atmosphere when he arrives. Tonight, I had supper ready, the house neat as a pin and when Scott came home and went to the door to greet him with a kiss. Get this ladies----IT WORKED!!! It made him feel so special, as he is! Thanks Debi for the great tips and I'll be reading more about what I need to do to be his help meet.

After supper, we wanted to watch The Nativity Story and tore our DVD stash apart looking for it. Add it to the list of things we've already moved to Hokes Bluff. Hope RedBox has it this year because we HAVE to watch it every year.

We settled on Christmas Vacation. Not exactly The Nativity Story but a funny classic. I forgot how many bad words were in that movie but thanks goodness Scott remembered so he could be handy dandy on that remote control. We laughed until our cheeks hurt.

Now is my favorite time. Girls are bedded down reading. It's quiet, it's clean. Candles are lit. Hot tea is poured. Scott and I have settled down to the kitchen table to relax. Well, he's studying his Sunday School lesson and I'm reading my favorite blogs.

Not exactly MORNING but my favorite cup from my sister, Holly. Makes me just happy!
I love to hear the quick typing of these keys as Scott works on his Sunday School lesson.
Check out this cinnamon candle to create a great Christmasy atmosphere. Yummy. Target I think.
There's just something about hard working looking hands studying that makes me so thankful!
Nothing better than a clean kitchen after dinner. (never mind the wax paper)
Debi Pearl has taught me so much this week. (I struggle daily with all of this). I truly want to be a good help meet and a good keeper at home. Its up to me to have a calm, orderly, haven for my family in the evenings. I want him to want to come home and enjoy our plot of earth. I want my kids to remember their home when they are all grown as a peaceful, beautiful, happy place with lots of laughter and where they look forward to bringing their families one day. Tonight was a good start and I hope to be more mindful of this on a daily basis.
Basketball tomorrow so I'm excited about that.
Toodles!!




No comments:

Post a Comment